Sponsor's Link

PAGES

May 12, 2010

Mom of a teenage boy?

Yes! It was OFFICIAL!
Yesterday May 11th, K celebrated his 13th birthday. He invited his friends. I told him to invite only those he is close to. Not everyone on his FB account. Some wasn't able to come.... As usual I cooked for him, rented additional tables and chairs and set it up at the garden and garage.I started cooking at 11...

I invited few of our close friends, they're like a sister to me....friends who dont give a damn who you are...we accepted each others flaws and good sides.... my son calls them Tita (aunt)... Fatty with her hubby and son Patrick ( my son's friend) and of course Michelle who went alone but in her new truck :P... and luckily one of my high school friend (Marilou) were able to make it too, together with her daughters and son. I missed them so much. And I'm really glad they made it.

Everything went out smoothly. It was just a simple celebration...no more singing of Happy birthday song ( my son's request).

I cooked carbonara, (he requested that too). The maid cooked the fried chicken and lechon kawali. We also served potato chips as appetizer, creamy fruit salad,oh there's a cake too, but no blowing of candles. We had ice cream...only that I forgot to serve it. My classmate brought a cake...as a gift. I served it during the diggin' session.There's no more games...like I said,it was just a peaceful celebration. My son was even out most of the time trying to fetch his village friends... Some of those I invited couldn't make it. Some I wanted to invite but didn't pursued because i know they have work.

Party was over at 7pm.

Sleep didn't come easy for me, my adrenalin was still high, its like my body couldn't move but my mind is drifting all the way down memory lane...mind and body not in sync.I was thinking about the High School days. Soon my son will enter High School too....and he will have more memories like the ones I have now. My only regret is that I wasn't able to capture them on camera... but my son will....I'll make sure of that.

Before my son decided to sleep that night,I asked him if he was happy... he simply said..."thanks Mom...I had a great time".

Knowing what he felt was enough for me to forget the effort I put in to make him feel special on his birthday. It's what parents do. We could' ve just watch movie but PARTY is what he likes.

No comments: